A Registered Dietitian can provide guidance in the following areas (among others):
- Coach you through diet and lifestyle changes as you work to achieve your healthy eating goals
- Treat and manage disease by helping you with a specific, individualized nutrition care plan
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Support your nutrition needs throughout pregnancy and beyond
- Manage challenges with feeding your child, such as picky eating and allergies
- Meal planning, budgeting, and label reading specific to your lifestyle and heath needs
Dietitian vs. Nutritionist: In most provinces (including BC), the title “Nutritionist” is not protected. This means that anyone is able to refer to themselves as a “Nutritionist”, whereas a dietitian must be registered with a Provincial Regulatory Body and is the only professional who can use this title, which is protected by law.
Note: Dietitian services are covered under many extended health care benefit plans. Please contact your insurance provider to see if you have coverage to see a dietitian.