RISE Health Centre
We are a team of dedicated health care professionals located in Victoria, BC committed to providing you the best quality, collaborative care. We offer Physiotherapy, IMS, Pelvic Floor Rehab, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Registered Massage Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP), IV Therapy, Kinesiology, Pilates, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Holistic Nutrition Consulting, Yoga, Clinical Counselling services.
Our goal is to determine the underlying cause of your physical concern, to treat it and prevent re-occurrence. We hope to empower you during this process by providing you with an understanding of your symptoms.
About our team
We are among the highest trained practitioners in our respective fields and can offer you the most up to date treatment techniques to help you achieve your health goals. Through the use of evidence and innovation, we want to help find solutions for you.
What’s new at RISE Health: Registration is Open for Fitness and Exercise Rehabilitation Programs.
Foundations and Kettle Bell classes starting next week!
Click on the links below to see other Recent Articles / Workshops / Events / Info and happenings a RISE…
- Fitness and Exercise Rehabilitation Program Registration – Foundations and Kettle Bell Classes starting next week at Rise Health! (11/15/2017) - All programs run for 4 weeks (8 pre-registered classes) Each session customized to you and your abilities. *small group sessions of 4-6 people Run by Dr. Jaritt Ptolemy Foundations Program Level 1– Movement is medicine! However, poor movement … Continued
- (10/31/2017) - Pilates is a method of exercise and physical movement designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body. Created by Joseph Pilates in the mid-20th century, the repertoire of exercises focuses on quality rather than quantity: integrating breath, mind and muscular effort … Continued
- Welcoming Caroline Farquhar – Alan Herdman Pilates Certification (10/27/2017) - Caroline approaches Pilates as the ideal foundation for each individual to source their best physical condition: whether they are recovering from injury, dealing with chronic pain, or striving to put the pieces together for their best athletic performance. The … Continued
- Postpartum Mindfulness Group (10/2/2017) - Postpartum Mindfulness Group The Postpartum Mindfulness Group program is designed to help women who are struggling with anxiety, OCD and depression after the birth of their child (0-18mo old). It combines the ideas of mindfulness, self-compassion and meditative practices. The … Continued
- Kinesiology services now available at Rise. Come see Felix! (8/25/2017) - What is Kinesiology? Kinesiology, specifically human kinesiology, is the study of human movement. Kinesiology encompasses a number of areas in relation to health and wellness, including exercise rehabilitation, exercise prescription, and movement analysis. Using the disciplines of physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, … Continued
- The Health & Fitness Delusion: Why working out doesn’t make you healthy. (8/11/2017) - Have you ever over-indulged? Justifying the behavior with “I did a crazy workout today” or “I will do a crazy workout tomorrow to burn it off” so you feel like you earned that indulgence? When you exercise, do you … Continued
- Pelvic Floor Health Article #6 -Diastasis Rectus Abdominis, or DRA (7/6/2017) - #6 Do you have a separation or split of your abdominal muscles as a consequence of your pregnancies or excessive, inappropriate abdominal training? Are you struggling to progress in your exercise program (core training/strengthening)? Separation of the abdominal muscles is … Continued
- Dr. Jaritt Gives Tyler Advice For Timbit 150 Challenge -Happy 150th Birthday Canada! (6/29/2017) - http://www.kiss1031.ca/audio/
- Pelvic Floor Health Article #5 – Postpartum incontinence, “One in three women experience urinary incontinence and three-quarters of the time, it’s giving birth that’s to blame,” (6/28/2017) - Postpartum incontinence: What to expect
- Pelvic Floor Health Article #4 – Common myths about pelvic floor exercises for women…and men (5/4/2017) - #4 The many common myths about pelvic floor exercises for women…and men are discussed here. After you read this, and feel you would like to know the status of your pelvic floor, contact Rosemarie at Rise Health. http://www.pelvicfloorfirst.org.au/pages/common-myths.html Common … Continued
Located in Victoria, BC
We are conveniently located in at 1275 Bay St, at the intersection of Bay Street and Fernwood Avenue, just minutes from the Jubilee Hospital and downtown Victoria. Our recently renovated facility features the latest equipment, and a comfortable, natural and friendly environment. Click here for a map to our office.