RISE Health Centre
We are a team of dedicated health care professionals located in Victoria, BC committed to providing you the best quality, collaborative care. We offer Physiotherapy in Victoria BC including IMS, Shockwave, Pelvic Floor Rehab and Vestibular Rehabilitation. We are also proud to offer Naturopathic Medicine, Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP), IV Therapy, Pilates, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Holistic Nutrition Consulting, Registered Massage Therapy, Yoga and Clinical Counselling services.
Our goal is to determine the underlying cause of your physical concern, to treat it and prevent re-occurrence. We hope to empower you during this process by providing you with an understanding of your symptoms.
About our team
We are among the highest trained practitioners in our respective fields and can offer you the most up to date treatment techniques to help you achieve your health goals. Through the use of evidence and innovation, we want to help find solutions for you.
What’s new at RISE Health:
Saturday Drop-in Post- Partum Pilates Mat Classes!
Click on the links below to see other Recent Articles / Workshops / Events / Info and happenings a RISE…
- Drop-in Post-Partum Pilates Mat Classes Saturdays! (10/12/2018) - Join me Saturday mornings for some Pilates Fundamentals and time for YOU! posture and structural stability correct abdominal sourcing function focused strength building Where: Rise Upstairs Studio Time: 11-11:55 am Cost: $20 (max 6 participants) Instructor: Caroline Farquhar Certified … Continued
- Welcoming Bryn Thompson back to Victoria and to the RISE Health Team September 2018! (9/14/2018) - Bryn’s expertise of working with the body started in high school. Now almost 30 years later after an international rowing career, a physiotherapy degree, a diploma in advanced manipulative therapy, and many other specialized trainings, Bryn works intimately with people … Continued
- Welcoming Physiotherapist Meggan Oliver back to Canada and to the RISE Health Team (6/21/2018) - Meggan grew up in Victoria and went to UVic after graduating from SMUS. While earning her degree in Kinesiology, she played field hockey, won two CIS national gold medals, three silver medals, and was a three-time All-Canadian and a four-time … Continued
- Spring Registration Open! (5/10/2018) - Join Dr. Jaritt Ptolemy, DC. for a 4-week group coaching program on RUN 2.0 Level 1 Always hurt? Hit a plateau? The program is 2.0 because you will be a better runner when you are done! Most people try to get better … Continued
- Fitness and Exercise Rehabilitation Program Registration – Foundations and Kettle Bell Classes starting next week at Rise Health! (11/15/2017) - All programs run for 4 weeks (8 pre-registered classes) Each session customized to you and your abilities. *small group sessions of 4-6 people Run by Dr. Jaritt Ptolemy Foundations Program Level 1– Movement is medicine! However, poor movement … Continued
- Welcoming Caroline Farquhar – Alan Herdman Pilates Certification (10/27/2017) - Caroline approaches Pilates as the ideal foundation for each individual to source their best physical condition: whether they are recovering from injury, dealing with chronic pain, or striving to put the pieces together for their best athletic performance. The … Continued
- Postpartum Mindfulness Group (10/2/2017) - Postpartum Mindfulness Group The Postpartum Mindfulness Group program is designed to help women who are struggling with anxiety, OCD and depression after the birth of their child (0-18mo old). It combines the ideas of mindfulness, self-compassion and meditative practices. The … Continued
- Kinesiology services now available at Rise. Come see Felix! (8/25/2017) - What is Kinesiology? Kinesiology, specifically human kinesiology, is the study of human movement. Kinesiology encompasses a number of areas in relation to health and wellness, including exercise rehabilitation, exercise prescription, and movement analysis. Using the disciplines of physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, … Continued
- The Health & Fitness Delusion: Why working out doesn’t make you healthy. (8/11/2017) - Have you ever over-indulged? Justifying the behavior with “I did a crazy workout today” or “I will do a crazy workout tomorrow to burn it off” so you feel like you earned that indulgence? When you exercise, do you … Continued
- Pelvic Floor Health Article #6 -Diastasis Rectus Abdominis, or DRA (7/6/2017) - #6 Do you have a separation or split of your abdominal muscles as a consequence of your pregnancies or excessive, inappropriate abdominal training? Are you struggling to progress in your exercise program (core training/strengthening)? Separation of the abdominal muscles is … Continued
Located in Victoria, BC
We are conveniently located in at 1275 Bay St, at the intersection of Bay Street and Fernwood Avenue, just minutes from the Jubilee Hospital and downtown Victoria. Our recently renovated facility features the latest equipment, and a comfortable, natural and friendly environment. Click here for a map to our office.